Ahh… lepat pisang, many have asked where the best is sold. The best of course is one you make yourself. Try this killer recipe that’s dead easy too!
” The answer to your lepat cravings… ”
- 700 g bananas (pisang emas is best), peeled and mashed (make sure the banana is really ripe)
- 150 g rice flour
- 100 g grated coconut
- 100 g gula melaka (palm sugar), melted
- Banana Leaf
1. Run banana leaf under a direct low flame to make it soft and easier to roll. This also releases it’s aroma.
2. Cut banana leaf 20cm x 20cm squares.
3. Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of the mixture and place it on top of a banana leaf square.
5. Roll the lepat firmly as if you are making popia roll.
6. Arrange everything in the steamer. Steam for about 30-45 minutes.
Sweet banana dessert hidden in a banana leaf, wonderful for tea. Use really ripe bananas to get extra sweet lepat.