Ayam paprik is a popular dish found frequently in tom yam shops across Malaysia. The addition of vegetables gives this a fresh twist and plenty of texture. Chilli paste is mixed with oyster sauce to give it a nice balance of spicy and salty flavours.
” This paprik packs a punch! ”
1 Chicken breast, Cut into Strips or Cube
2 Cloves Garlic, slice or bruised
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
1 Stalk Cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Medium Sized carrot, sliced
A Handful of Long Bean, cut to 2 inch long pieces
4 Kafir Lime Leaves, torn
1 Lemongrass, bruised
2 tbs Chilli Paste
1 tbs Oyster sauce
1 tps Sugar
1 tps White Pepper
1 tps Salt
Enough Oil for Frying
1. Prepare the chicken first by stir frying in some oil until slightly charred.
2. Put it aside while you prepare the gravy.
3. Using the same wok, heat some oil. Stir fry onion, garlic, lemon grass and kafir lime leaves.
4. Add in chilli paste and oyster sauce. Let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Mix in cauliflower, carrot and long beans and continue to stir fry.
6. Add in chicken and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
7. Stir fry for another a minute or two on a high heat until the vegetables are cooked.
8. Serve with warm rice.
½ Cup Chicken stock
1 tbs Cornstarch
1. If you want more gravy, add chicken stock and cornstarch when you put in the oyster sauce.
Ayam Paprik is a great dish to cook because it’s fast and simple. Your family would also love this for dinner!