Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Api is deliciously rich and spicy. The yellow colour of the gravy comes from the addition of fresh turmeric. Chillies give this dish plenty of heat. Eat it with rice for a satisfying lunch.
” turmeric-rich gravy… ”
1 whole Chicken, Cut into 8-10 pieces
3 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
4 Potatoes, cut into wedges
1 Turmeric Leaf, tied
1 Lemongrass, bruised
2 Green Chillies, halved
1.5 L Coconut Milk
8 Red Chillies
6-8 Bird’s Eye Chillies
2 Cloves of Garlic
An inch of Ginger
An inch of Fresh Turmeric
2-4 tbs Oil
Salt and Sugar for seasoning
1. Heat the wok with oil, saute’ the blended ingredients until fragrant.
2. Add in lemongrass and tumeric leaf. Continue sautéing.
4. Add chicken and potatoes and let it ¼ cook. Mix well to combine with blended ingredients.
5. Reduce heat, add in coconut milk and green chillies.
6. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
7. Then, put the tomatoes in and season well. Cook for a further 5 minutes and it’s done.
Bird’s eye chillies pack plenty of heat in this dish making it a great accompaniment to rice.