Here’s a quick and easy recipe to serve guests when they come visiting this Raya. Delicious and quick to cook, it’s using stuff you should probably already have lying around in your pantry. Give it a go!
” talian pasta meets Malaysian goreng-goreng! ”
- 250g pasta such as macaroni, bowties or fussili
- 200g minced chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 Tbsp cili boh
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce/ketchup
- 1 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the pasta according to instructions then set aside.
2. In a wok, saute the onions and garlic on high heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3. Add in the minced chicken and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in the cili boh, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Stir then add 1/4 cup water. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
5. Toss in the frozen veggies. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in the pasta. Stir and mix well. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring.
6. Done! Now serve it up!
This is great with minced beef or lamb too. This recipe also tastes great cold or at room temperature, so it makes a good picnic meal.