Don’t ever throw out over ripe bananas, even if it is slightly blackened and a bit too mushy. They are the best to make Cekodok Pisang and you don’t even need to add banana essence to enhance flavour #facts
” Once you pop you can’t stop ”
- 9 pisang emas, ripe ones
- 3 – 4 tbsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup ice water
1. Mash up ripe bananas and mix in sugar and salt. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
2. Stir in flour and baking powder and mix until it is well combined. Add in ice water to form a thick batter.
3. Heat up oil to 170˚c and drop in tablespoonful of batter into it. Don’t crowd the oil too much.
4. Fry until batter is dark golden brown and floats to the top. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Baking powder helps Cekodok become lighter air more airy. Use super-duper ripe bananas for better flavour and aroma.