This is a hawker favourite! Fresh lala (clams) cooked in a tart and hot sambal sounds delicious just about anytime. Quick and addictive, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends when you cook it. Put it in the middle of a table and watch the empty shells pile up!
” Hot & Spicy Lala ”
- 500g Fresh Lala, cleaned
- 150g Chilli Paste
- 2 Shallots, chopped finely
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Water
- Juice of 1 Large Lime
- Salt and sugar to taste
1. Heat up some oil in a pan. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add chilli paste and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until the oil breaks through, about 15 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt and sugar and lime juice.
4. Chuck in the clams and cook until all the shells open up, about 15 minutes Stir to mix thoroughly.
5. Serve hot!
White rice or fried mantou bread: both are delicious with this! Use the freshest clams you can find.