We loooove fried chicken! In all forms and shapes, fried chicken is always awesome. This recipe turns the chicken fragrant from the Pandan leaves, with a lovely spiciness from the marinade. Just the smell of this frying is enough to make everyone around salivate with anticipation.
” Fragrant and flavourful ”
- 2 chicken legs, divided into thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 cup dried chillies, soaked in water
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp anise powder
- 1 inch fresh turmeric, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pandan leaves, enough to wrap the chicken in
- Oil for frying
1. Blend the dried chillies, spices, ginger and turmeric together into a paste.
2. Marinade the chicken in the blended mixture for 2 hours.
3. After marinating, wrap the chicken pieces in the pandan leaves. Use toothpicks to secure the leaves in place.
4. Heat enough oil for deep-frying.
5. Fry the chicken pieces on medium heat for 20-25 minutes, turning a few times throughout.
6. Once cooked, drain well and serve hot.
You can also cut the chicken into smaller pieces for easier wrapping. It’s good to marinate your chicken for two hours to get the flavours