Named after gifted ballerina Anna Pavlova, this light and airy dessert is made from egg whites and sugar. The best kinds have a subtly crunchy exterior and a soft, pliable interior.
” Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. MMm-mmmm! ”
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Fruits, as you like
*Preheat the oven at 120 degrees celcius for an hour
1. Beat the egg whites until fluffy.
2. Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until glossy, white and stiff.
3. Fold in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla essence.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment, and spread the mixture on it, making soft peaks.
5. Bake for 60 mins.
6. Once baked, just keep it in the oven for 2 hours so it can set and dry out.
7. Cool it down, then decorate and garnish with whipped cream and fruits.
Don’t waste the yolks from this recipe! Use it for curds or mayonnaise.