We’ve always been curious about making things like serunding from scratch, so we finally took the plunge with this recipe. It’s deceptively simple as the steps are minimal and there aren’t many components to put together. You will however get quite a workout while cooking this dish – make sure you’re well-rested!
” A delicious workout! ”
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 4 tbsp. milo
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk/evaporated milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. condensed milk
1. Mix all ingredients together and whisk to combine.
No complicated steps, just put it all in.
Whisk out all the lumps
2. Pour into microwave safe mug/bowl/ramekins and zap it for 4 minutes on high mode. Ding Dong DONE!
Make sure it is microwave safe. Or you’ll be cleaning up a lot of mess
If you’re feeling like a Masterchef at this point, go nuts and drizzle on condensed milk, icing sugar, scoop on some vanilla ice cream or pour Milo powder onto the hot cake and make it fancy!
Taste just like chocolate cake!
Let the ice cream melt a bit before you attack!
Mix in a little bit of coffee powder to get mocha flavour. Nuke it for only 3 minutes if you want it slightly fudgy.