A toss in a pan recipe that’s perfect for an easy mid-week dinner. In a restaurant, a dish like this can cost four times more. Make it at home and it will not only be better for the wallet (about RM15 for two) it’ll probably be a whole lot tastier too!
” Simple and satisfying… ”
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 large prawns, cleaned
- 8 – 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- A little fresh parsley, chopped finely
- A cup of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Angel hair pasta for 2 servings
- Some parmesan cheese
1. Cook your pasta in boiling water with some salt and a dash of olive oil. This will be about 8 – 10 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil and fry garlic until golden. This should happen in a flash.
3. Quickly add parsley and mushrooms, stirring until mushrooms are plump and golden in the oil.
4. Add prawns and chicken stock.
5. Lastly, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
7. Drain pasta, split between two plates and pour the prawn olio on top.
8. Serve with some grated parmesan cheese.
Add a little parmesan with the salt and pepper to give it a more integrated creaminess. You can add any other vegetables to it like bell peppers, onions or asparagus.